Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Deanna's Reaction to The Art of Possibility

Linda,

I want to thank you for the gift, “The Art of Possibility”.  I just finished reading it and I was
encouraged, challenged and brought to deep thought.  What a perfect gift for an art school
teacher!  One topic that encouraged me most was the fact that it is okay to make mistakes.
 It’s interesting, I emphasize with my students that it is okay to make a mistake and that is
where learning takes place.  I also even give them candy if they catch me making a math mistake.
 However, in front of my peers and  supervisors, I don’t want to make any mistakes and many
 times I am fearful of them seeing me make a mistake.  How silly!  I’m going to try to follow
 Rule No. 6 and not take myself so seriously. J

Another idea of the book that I absolutely agree with is “giving an A”.  How refreshing to
believe the best of your students and know that they can succeed!


Deanna Breedan

No comments:

Post a Comment